Car insurance protects you and your family from financial disaster in the event of an accident, theft or other cause of loss. It covers the injuries and damages caused by an accident for which you are legally responsible to pay. It will also protect you if an uninsured or under insured person is involved in an accident with you. The Bodily Injury component will pay your medical bills that can accumulate if you or your passengers are injured in a car crash. Property Damage covers the costs of repairing or replacing damaged vehicles as well other items you may be liable for, such as guard rails, traffic lights, and street signs. Liability insurance is to protect you against a significant loss you may be liable for if you were at fault and caused a serious injury to someone. An umbrella policy will increase your liability coverage and extend that higher coverage to your homeowners insurance policy as well.
Antique Auto Insurance: If you own a car that is 25 years old or older, or that is a special interest or modified vehicle that you drive 2,500 miles or less per year, you could be eligible for special automobile insurance. Collector or antique policies are about one-fourth the cost of keeping your special car on your regular auto insurance policy.
Car insurance companies offer many discounts to help keep your premiums as low as possible.
Discounts vary by state. Types of auto insurance discounts available include:
- Accident Free: In some states you may be eligible for a discount based on your driving history.
- Good Student: Drivers under 25 years of age who are full-time students in high school or college and have good grades may qualify.
- Auto/Home: You can save money on both auto and homeowners insurance by purchasing both of these policies from the same carrier.
- Multi-Car: If you own two or more vehicles and insure both of them with the same carrier, you may qualify for the Multi-Car discount.
- Teen Driver: Teens who have completed a driver safety awareness program may qualify for a discount.
- Safe Driver Programs: If you have taken an approved safe driver course in the past 3 years you may qualify for a discount.
- Alternative Fuel - Owners who drive hybrids and other alternative fuel vehicles may save 5% on all major coverages from some companies.
At Brewster Hill Insurance Brokerage, Brewster, NY we strive to provide you with the best combination of car insurance coverage and value.